How automated follow-ups work
- Our follow-ups send as replies to the original email, making your emails feel personalized
- If the recipient replies, the automated follow-ups will be canceled
How to add an automated follow up to your sequence
- In the sequence editor, click "Add follow up"
How to configure the time between automated follow-ups
- Edit the number of days you'd like to wait before it sends the follow up
How to edit and personalize an automated follow-up
- You can edit and customize these follow-ups just like any email. Learn more about email personalization.
How to send a follow up even if the recipient replies
Although less common, you can configure Pigeon to send follow-ups no matter what, even if they reply.
- Toggle "Advanced Options" at the bottom
- Check the box for "Reply Regardless".
- Click "Save"
How to send follow-ups at a specific time of the day
You can choose to send your follow up at a specific hour of the day, for example, 1:00 PM.
This works how you would expect: If you send your first email at 3PM on Monday, and then two days later you set a follow up for 1PM, it will send the follow up at 1PM on Wednesday.
- Click the Settings cog in the top right of the email editor
- Select what time of day, and the time zone.
- Click "Save"
Configure the default time zone?
You can also customize the time zone it will send at. If you don't select a time zone, it will use the default time zone for you. You can edit your default time zone from the settings page:
Don't follow up on the weekends
You can configure your follow up emails to never be sent on the weekend.
If you check the box "skip weekends?", and a follow-up email falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then Pigeon will wait until Monday to send the email.